Edmonton dog rushed to emergency vet after consuming THC

A woman house-sitting in Edmonton had to rush the homeowner’s dog to an emergency vet after he consumed THC, the compound found in cannabis.

Jessica Serbu noticed the three-year-old golden lab named Puma was behaving oddly an hour and a half after she took him for a walk around the neighbourhood.

“He was flinching if I got too close to him. He was disoriented,” Serbu said.

“He started peeing uncontrollably, and this is very odd behaviour for Puma because he’s a very energetic dog, three-year-old Lab,” Serbu said. “At one point even earlier in the day, he stumbled getting onto the couch, like he missed the couch entirely.”

Read more: ‘It was terrifying’: Why legalization may be increasing pot’s perils to pets

Serbu knew something was wrong and rushed him to an emergency vet, but it was no small feat to get him there.

Story continues

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

CBD Demo
Logo
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare
0
Shopping cart